Rand McNally released the new annual edition of its best-selling Motor Carriers' Road Atlas for professional drivers.
Despite the near ubiquitous use of GPS for routing trucks, Rand McNally's atlas is often the go-to navigation device that experienced drivers use to plot their course and to use when GPS devices fail, the company reports.
Each edition includes updated state and national truck-accessible routes; the latest state-by-state regulations; fuel tax charts; restricted routes, low-clearance, and more.
The 2024 edition updates include:
- Comprehensive update of fuel tax information.
- Tractor/trailer inspection procedures.
- Hazmat route regulations, tips and facts, on-the-road resources, state access policies.
- Updated restricted routes, low clearance, and weigh station locations.
- Updated population values in the index.
- Revised 22-page mileage directory that includes more than 40,000 truck route-specific, city-to-city mileages.
- Detailed coverage of state and national designated routes.
- Road construction and conditions hotlines.
- Easy-to-use chart of state and provincial permit agency phone numbers and websites.
The new editions of the atlas are available in paperback; a spiral-bound, laminated deluxe version; and a large-scale edition with maps that are 37% larger, printed on laminated pages with a spiral binding that allows the book to lay open easily, according to Rand McNally. All can be purchased at travel centers, in bookstores, online at the Rand McNally Store, and other e-commerce stores.