The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) recently released a stop-motion video on the future of commercial motor vehicle safety technology, inspections, and enforcement.
The four-minute video highlights specific safety advancements, including:
- Vehicle-to-Everything: vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-infrastructure, vehicle-to-pedestrian, and vehicle-to-enforcement technologies.
- Alerts to Drivers: Warnings regarding inclement weather, accidents, closed roadways, bridge height restrictions, construction, road conditions, etc.
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems: Lane centering, lane keeping, automatic emergency braking, and controlled driver steering.
- Electronic Inspections: North American Standard Level VIII Electronic Inspections and universal electronic identification.
- Automation: Autonomous technology within and around the truck cab.
- Vehicle, Driver and Pedestrian monitoring: Technologies for monitoring the inside and outside of vehicles with cameras, sensors and radars.
The "Welcome to the Future of Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement" video provides an easy-to-understand visual presentation of today’s challenges and the solutions to those challenges, such as the deployment of these safety technologies.
The CVSA created this video to be shared with lawmakers, regulators, safety advocates, motor carriers, drivers, researchers, vehicle safety technology developers and vendors, the law enforcement community and anyone else interested in learning about commercial motor vehicle safety and CVSA’s efforts to improve roadway, driver and vehicle safety.