Heavy Duty Trucking magazine has announced its 2020 Top 20 Products, highlighting the most innovative, significant, and useful new product announcements from last year.
The winners are published in the February issue. Awards will be presented during individual ceremonies at the American Trucking Associations' Technology & Maintenance Council annual meeting at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta Feb. 24-27.
HDT’s Top 20 Products are chosen by Heavy Duty Trucking’s editorial team with input from the HDT Editorial Advisory Board.
Products are evaluated in three areas:
- Ability to address important industry issues
- Potential to improve a fleet’s bottom line
To be considered, a new product must have been reported on by HDT’s editors, either online or in print, over the past year. For 2020, products that were published online between November 2018 through Nov. 15, 2019, were eligible. HDT’s editors confer to choose a group of finalists, which are then sent to the HDT Editorial Advisory board to score in the three evaluation areas. Those scores are used to narrow the list down to the final 20. (In case of a tie, more than 20 products may be honored.)
Products must be commercially available or scheduled to become so within the year, so “concept” products are not eligible. Entire powered vehicles are excluded. Each company may only receive one award per year, so for manufacturers with multiple eligible product announcements, the top-scoring one will be honored.
This year, due to some ties in scoring, there are 22 award-winning products. The resulting Top 20 products are listed in alphabetical order by company name:
- Allison Transmission Regional Haul Series
- Ancra Cargo AutoDeck
- Aperia Technologies Halo Connect
- Bendix Spicer Foundation Brake LLC Bendix Pad Wear Sensing ADB22X Air Disc Brakes
- Chevron Delo 600 ADF
- ConMet PreSet Plus SmartHub
- Detroit Diesel Corporation Detroit Assurance 5.0 Suite of Safety Systems
- Donaldson Company, Inc. Filter Minder Connected Monitoring Solutions
- Hendrickson Trailer Commercial Vehicle Systems Tiremaax Pro-LB
- Link Mfg., Ltd. ROI Cabmate Semi-Active Cab Suspension
- Meritor EX+ LS Air Disc Brakes
- Optronics Purilite Light-Shield LED Lamps
- Phillips Connect Technologies EZTrac & EZTrac Plus
- Pressure Systems International TireView Live
- Roush CleanTech Near-Zero Emissions Propane Systems
- SAF-Holland, Inc. SAF Smar-te Tire Pilot
- Stoneridge, Inc. MirrorEye
- Thermo King SLXi Local
- Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co. UAT Utility Aerodynamic Tail
- Volvo Trucks North America D13TC Engine
- Wabco TailGuard Reversing Collision Avoidance System
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG ReAX Adaptive Steering
See all comments