Heavy Duty Trucking magazine has announced its 2019 Top 20 Products, highlighting the most innovative, significant, and useful new product announcements from last year.
The winners are published in the February issue. Awards will be presented during individual ceremonies at the American Trucking Associations' Technology & Maintenance Council annual meeting at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta March 18-21.
Each year, HDT editors spend a lot of time going to press conferences and combing through news releases on the latest new products for trucking. At the end of the year, they embark on a process to identify the very best of the past year’s introductions for the Top 20 Products.
Editors sifted through all of the new product announcements that appeared in the magazine or on the Truckinginfo.com website over the course of 2018 to winnow down the list. Products are chosen based on the level of innovation, ability to address significant industry issues, and potential benefit to the bottom line.
HDT editors then consulted with the HDT Editorial Advisory Board, made up of executives and managers representing fleets of a variety of sizes and types, to arrive at the final 20.
Entire vehicles are not included, and products must be commercially available or scheduled to become commercially available this year.
The resulting Top 20 products are listed in alphabetical order by company name:
- Bendix Intellipark
- Carrier Transicold Vector 8611MT
- CIMC Intermodal Equipment Revere premium-spec intermodal chassis
- Continental ContiPressureCheck Solo
- Cummins Filtration FleetguardFit
- Doran YardCheck 360 Wireless Gate Reader TPMS
- EKA Solutions Omni-TMS
- ENow Electric, solar-powered refrigerator unit
- Hendrickson Brake wear indicator tool
- ID Systems LV Series
- Lanehub Backhaul Assist
- Michelin Energy Guard
- Peterson PetersonPulse
- Phillips Industries Qwik-Check
- Rotary R5000HD Alignment Machine
- Roush Cleaner Propane Autogas Engine
- SAF Holland Tire Pilot Plus
- Stemco ABS TrailerTail Deployment
- Trimble PeopleNet Display.5
- Xstream Trucking TruckWings