Carol Heinowski, logistics manager, safety and compliance at Meijer, was elected chairman of the National Private Truck Council's board of directors at the group’s Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition, held recently in Cincinnati.
She replaces Bill Hartman, CTP, senior fleet manager at VF Jeanswear. Heinowski joined Meijer in 2008. Prior to that, she was a safety investigator for 20 years with the Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. In addition to her role on the board, she also chairs the NPTC Safety Committee.
Heinowski received her B.A. in General Business Administration with an emphasis on economics and law from Michigan State University and holds a Supply Chain Management Certificate from Michigan State’s Graduate School of Management.
Six new members were also elected to the board of directors:
- Lewis Allen, CTP, Director, Fleet Operations, Aaron’s
- David Barth, CTP, Transportation Area Manager, Wegmans Food Markets
- Luann Dunkerley, Sales Leader – NE Territory, CEI Group
- Brian Johnston, CTP, Sr. Director of Transportation, Core-Mark International
- Robert Larsen, Sr. Director, Business Services Marketing, J. J. Keller & Associates
- Larry L. Ogg, CTP, Director of Logistics, Universal Forest Products
Also elected as NPTC officers were:
- Vice Chair, Mike Schwersenska, Director of Transportation/Logistics, Brakebush Transportation
- Secretary, Chuck Amen, CTP, Corporate Transportation Operations Manager, Hillyard
- Treasurer, Bedford Monday, CTP, Facilities Operations Manager, The Schwan Food Company
Seventy-eight transportation professionals were named Certified Transportation Professionals (CTP) by the NPTC Institute, the certification arm of NPTC. The CTP program is sponsored by J. J. Keller & Associates.