The Women In Trucking Association is seeking nominations for the 2023 Influential Woman in Trucking award. Nominations will be accepted through Sept. 11.
WIT created the award in 2010 to honor women in the transportation industry who make or influence key decisions in a corporate, manufacturing, supplier, owner-operator, driver, sales, or dealership setting. It is sponsored by Daimler Truck North America.
“The number of women in the trucking profession continues to grow,” said Jennifer Hedrick, president and CEO. “We are honored to share their stories and mark their accomplishments through this award.”
Winner to Be Announced at Accelerate! Conference
The winner will be announced at the WIT Accelerate! Conference & Expo Nov. 5-8 in Dallas. Each finalist will serve as a panelist for the Unstoppable Women in Trucking You Must Know About panel discussion on Nov. 7.
“As Women In Trucking’s results from the recently released 2023 WIT Index reflect, the representation of women in the industry continues to grow at all levels,” said Angela Lentz, chief people officer, Daimler Truck North America. “By highlighting the incredible accomplishments of women already in the industry, we can continue to improve that representation everywhere from truck cabs to C-suites while propelling the many companies represented forward with diverse perspectives.”
Past Influential Women in Trucking Honorees
Past recipients of the Influential Woman in Trucking award include:
- 2022 – Trina Norman, southern California feeder operations manager, UPS
- 2021 – Lily Ley, vice president and chief information officer, Paccar
- 2020 – Kristy Knichel, president, Knichel Logistics; and Jodie Teuton, co-founder, Kenworth of Louisiana
- 2019 – Ruth Lopez, director, transportation management, Ryder System, Inc.
- 2018 – Angela Eliacostas, founder and president, AGT Global Logistics
- 2017 – Daphne Jefferson, principal and executive coach, Jefferson Consulting Group, LLC (former deputy administrator, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- 2016 – Ramona Hood, president and CEO, FedEx Custom Critical
- 2015 – Kari Rihm, president and CEO, Rihm Kenworth
- 2014 – Marcia G. Taylor, CEO, Bennett International Group
- 2013 – Rebecca Brewster, president and COO, American Transportation Research Institute
- 2012 – Joyce Brenny, founder and CEO, Brenny Transportation, Inc./Brenny Specialized, Inc.
- 2011 – Rochelle Bartholomew, CEO, CalArk International
Learn more and nominate an influential women in trucking on the WIT website.