The editors of Heavy Duty Trucking have named six forward-looking trucking fleet executives HDT Truck Fleet Innovators for 2023, honoring their leadership and dedication in areas such as zero-emissions transportation, use of data and telematics, customer service, driver retention, safety leadership, and finding new ways to improve efficiency and customer service.
HDT’s Truck Fleet Innovators may be honored either for a specific innovation or for fostering an overall culture of encouraging innovative thinking. They are willing to share their insights and inspiration with others in the industry. An Innovator may be a top executive, or it can be someone in charge of a specific department, area, or initiative.
The 2023 HDT Truck Fleet Innovators are:
- James Adams, CEO and Founder, Revolution Trucking, Wadsworth, Ohio
- Brad Bayne, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, Duncan and Son Lines/4 Gen Logistics, Buckeye, Arizona
- Brent Hickman, Senior Manager of Equipment Maintenance and Sales, Pilot Company, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Garth Pitzel, Associate VP, Safety and Driver Development, Bison Transport, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Thurman Register, Senior Fleet Manager, Ferguson Enterprises, Newport News, Virginia.
- Andrew Winkler, General Manager, Chief Carriers, Grand Island, Nebraska.
The 2023 HDT Truck Fleet Innovators awards are sponsored by East.
The Innovators will be profiled in the May 2023 issue of HDT and on Truckinginfo.com. They will be HDT’s guests at the Heavy Duty Trucking Exchange event in Scottsdale, Arizona, Sept. 6-8, where they will be presented with their awards and participate in a panel discussion.
In addition, HDT’s editors often turn to current and previous Innovators for their insight on industry issues.
Innovators are chosen by HDT’s editors based on nominations solicited from the industry; editors also may nominate candidates based on reporting they’ve done in the past year. The honorees are chosen based on those nominations, publicly available information, and an interview with each candidate.
See all comments