Detroit launched a digital service that records safety events, such as active braking, roll stability events and other various events.
The Detroit Connect Video Capture (DCVC) service is available as a subscription-based option in the Detroit Connect Portal. It provides actual video footage of events when they occur on the road or at a jobsite.
The safety-reporting feature includes:
- Forward-facing video capture solution using Detroit Assurance MPC2 camera
- Critical event videos displayed in Detroit Connect portal when safety events occur
- A video recording surrounding a 30-second safety event
- Critical truck information, such as speed and braking profile, is shown alongside video
- Location of safety events displayed on a map view
- Summary of events displayed on dashboard
- Event trends and diagnostics
- Filtered functionality of video recordings
- Fleet summary view
- Video commenting and tagging capabilities by fleet
DCVC is available to customers for order when new trucks are spec’d. Subscriptions are offered in one-, three- or five-year terms.
Detroit Connect now offers three safety services as a supplement to the Detroit Assurance safety system. Safety Event Viewer is a standard service for vehicles, while Safety Analytics is an optional feature providing more in-depth data insights.