Transfix said its new digital freight technology gives small- and medium-sized shippers scalable asset capacity for more efficient drop-and-hook operations. The digital logistics provider announced it has surpassed 400% annual growth for the Transfix Drop freight business, as shippers capitalize on this solution for sourcing flexible capacity in an unpredictable market.
A key component of that growth, the company said, has been the introduction of Transfix Drop, which it said has brought drop-and-hook operations into the digital age.
According to Transfix, drop-and-hook freight has been serviced primarily by dedicated fleets, large asset carriers, or regional mid-sized carriers, which are inefficient for shippers to manage and difficult to scale. Powered by the company’s proprietary data science capabilities, Transfix has created what it calls an aggregated national network of mid-sized carriers to provide high-quality asset capacity that leverages underutilized assets.
The result, it said, is that shippers now have a turnkey solution through Transfix that enables them to build custom, scalable drop programs with the added advantages of real-time visibility and actionable data insights.
Carriers in turn, can better utilize existing capacity to increase consistency and scale their business through Transfix’s network of shippers.
“Drop-and-hook operations are a core component of nearly every major shipper’s supply chain. But despite its importance, brokers have historically struggled to create smart, scalable solutions that work for both shippers and carriers,” said Lily Shen, CEO, Transfix. “The right technology and team have allowed us to rapidly scale our live business with enterprise clients. Now, we’ve rewritten the drop playbook to fill a real market gap, providing shippers with the reliability of asset carriers, and the flexibility and intelligence of tech-enabled logistics solutions.”
According to the company, Transfix Drop features include:
- Dedicated drop carriers via Transfix’s network of dedicated, mid-size carriers offers shippers managed, asset-like service -- with none of the required management.
- Flexible capacity: With access to more than 200,000 trailers, Transfix Drop can be up and running in as little as one week, powered by reliable, nationwide capacity that can easily scale and accommodate seasonal surges in demand.
- Intelligent matching: Transfix partners with shippers and carriers to understand their business and match the right set of carriers to shippers based on their needs. Once matched, Transfix utilizes technology to automate and power faster, more strategic orchestration of freight.
- Service support with tech-enabled proactive exception management and access to on-demand, 24/7 customer service.
- Actionable insights with Transfix analytics providing data and insights for driving improvements to giver carriers a more intelligent supply chain.