VMRS - The Best Kept Secret in Fleet Maintenance
“All equipment maintenance has a story to tell, VMRS gives it the voice.” ~Jack Poster, Vehicle Maintenance Reporting Standards (VMRS) services manager for the Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) of the American Trucking Associations
VMRS coding gives fleet operators, fleet managers and technicians a standard language for assets, parts labor, maintenance, work orders, and scheduling. When asked where your time was spent, the reason for repairs, and where you’re spending the most, VMRS can help take the pain of exports and spreadsheets away and replace it with detailed cost summary reports that can be accessed with the click of a mouse.
Join our session with experts, Jack Poster and Dan Weider as they share tips on how you can leverage VMRS to its maximum capacity to save your operation time and money while providing data for you to make informed decisions on your fleet. ...and here’s a little-known fact – it’s easy to implement. In fact, you may already be using VMRS and you don’t even know it!
Here’s what you’ll learn in the session:
- What is VMRS and where is it going in a constantly changing industry?
- How VMRS is helping Fleet Operations – and how it can help yours
- Going beyond System-Assembly-Component and using other codekeys
- VMRS myth busters -- common misconceptions about VMRS clarified
- Monitoring your fleet over time & optimizing performance while reducing costs
- An example of “good,” “better,” “best” scenarios – where do you land?
Fleet Management Consultant
Vehicle Maintenance Reporting Standards (VMRS) Services Manager
Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) of the American Trucking Associations (ATA)
VP Transport, North America