The American Trucking Associations and partner Protective Insurance Company will be supplying hand sanitizer to trucker drivers along major U.S. freight corridors. ATA member-company ABF Freight is hauling 10, 55-gallon drums of hand sanitizer, which were purchased by Protective Insurance, to distribute in eight states.
“Protecting America’s truck drivers and ensuring they can stay safe and healthy while on the road, is paramount. While we continue to work with federal agencies on the strategic distribution of PPE, we’re also taking our own initiative — partnering with industry allies — to build supply networks for drivers to tap into,” said ATA President and CEO Chris Spear.
The drums are currently in place at locations in Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey, with the remaining loads to be delivered this week. Those interested can check ATA’s COVID-19 Update Hub to find out when the sanitizer refills will be available.
“As drivers remain behind the wheel, delivering the essentials of life around the country, travel centers, truckstops and distribution centers remain open to support these drivers. Helping supply sanitizer to keep everyone heathy and safe is one small way we can support the transportation industry and say thank you for everything you’re doing,” said Jeremy Johnson, CEO of Protective Insurance.
Truckers will have access to refills at the following locations:
- Scale House on I-20E, Heflin, Alabama
- Travel Centers of America, 5101 Quebec St., Commerce City, Colorado
- Stoops Freightliner-Quality Trailer, 1851 West, Thompson Rd., Indianapolis, Indiana
- Iowa 80 Truckstop Fuel Center, 390 W Iowa 80 Rd., Walcott, Iowa
- Jet Express, 4518 Webster St., Dayton, Ohio
- Sideling Hill Rest Stop, PA Turnpike Milepost 172.4 East & West Bound, Waterfall, Pennsylvania
- New Jersey
- Molly Pitcher Rest Area, Exit 8A NJ Turnpike
- Loves Travel Center #719, 1610 Cotton Gin Rd., Troy, Texas
- Flying J #726, I-20, Exit 472, 7425 Bonnie View Rd., Dallas, Texas