The Freightliner Cascadia is now available in mid-roof cab configurations for regional overnight haulers and segments such as bulk haul and flatbeds, the company announced at the North American Commercial Vehicle Show in Atlanta.
The configurations include 48-, 60- and 72-inch mid-roof XT sleeper cabs in both 116- and 126-inch BBC platforms. All three configurations offer two levels of aerodynamic packages, the Aero or AeroX, Freightliner’s most fuel-efficient specification.
The new configurations are available to order now, for delivery in Jan. 2018.
“The addition of the mid-roof configuration allows more customers in different applications to experience the benefits of the new Cascadia,” said Mike McHorse, manager, on-highway product marketing, Freightliner Trucks. “Since the new Cascadia debuted in September 2016, it has earned praise as the most productive, efficient and driver-friendly truck Freightliner has ever offered to the industry.”
Features of the new Cascadia include:
- A service-friendly electronic vault (eVault) that offers convenience and protection from the elements while also increasing uptime. The eVault’s central location allows for easy access when troubleshooting most electronic control units.
- All LED-lit interior and exterior lights, making the lighting system more maintenance-friendly than ever.
- An ergonomic dashboard and display screen designed for the driver. Its layout helps drivers access gauges and switches without reaching and includes an easy-to-read instrument cluster display.
- Detroit Connect and Detroit Assurance 4.0 seamlessly integrated into the new Cascadia to offer enhanced fleet management, increased uptime and improved safety.
- Improved fuel economy compared to previous models, an upgrade stemming largely from rigorous tests in DTNA’s proprietary full-scale wind tunnel and millions of miles of real world testing.
- A Driver Loft option is available in the 72-inch mid-roof XT configuration featuring a two-seat dinette/work table and opposing seating. These seats can be folded flat to allow a full Murphy-style bed to swing down in less than 15 seconds.
To customize the Cascadia in its 10 different day cab and sleeper options, visit www.Freightliner.com/configurator.