The building, home to 121 Arpin employees, is in West Warwick, R.I.
The project has added 2,834 square feet to the building, including a new media room, an expanded lobby and a new corridor connecting the office building and warehouse on two levels. Other enhancements include:
- Solar array, containing 912 solar modules, which provides 40% of the building's electrical power
- New roofing on the office building and warehouse with highly reflective membrane that reduces heat gain
- New insulated solar reflective windows and skylights that prevent heat gain while letting in more natural light
- New energy-efficient rooftop package HVAC units with full economizer function
- Radiant heating in new connector to minimize drafts between connected buildings
- Occupancy sensors to control lighting
- New flooring made from "green" materials
- New furniture workstations made from recycled content
Significant upgrades to the communication architecture include:
- IP convergence (voice, video and data)
- Increased Internet and site-to-site bandwidth
- Updated Cisco Unified Communications Manager telephone system
- Upgraded data center storage and software
- Upgraded e-mail system
"These renovations will not only provide a better workspace for our employees but will also help us reduce our carbon footprint thanks to many 'green' technology upgrades," says Bob Sullivan, senior vice president of Arpin Group. "We are very proud of our new headquarters and it will serve us for many years to come."
Arpin Group's new world headquarters will be officially dedicated in a private ceremony on April 4. The company provides household goods moving and storage for corporate, private, government, and military customers.