Heavy Duty Trucking has named its 2023 Top Green Fleets, which identifies some of the greenest fleets in the country.
The Top Green Fleets — selected annually by HDT’s editors — honors leaders in sustainability efforts among all sizes and types of trucking fleets, in areas such as:
- Fleet electrification.
- Alternative and renewable fuels.
- Cleaner-burning engines.
- Fuel efficiency.
- Freight efficiency.
- “Green” facilities.
- Testing new sustainable technologies.
In alphabetical order, this year's honorees are:
HDT 2023 Top Green Fleets
- 4 Gen Logistics — Rialto, California
- A. Duie Pyle — West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Artur Express — Hazelwood, Missouri
- Boyle Transportation — Billerica, Massachusetts
- City of Long Beach, Fleet Services Bureau — Long Beach, California
- City of Madison Streets — Madison, Wisconsin
- County of Sacramento — Sacramento, California
- Detmar Logistics — San Antonio, Texas
- DVL Express — Markham, Illinois
- Giant Eagle — Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Knight-Swift Transportation — Phoenix, Arizona
- M&M Cartage — Louisville, Kentucky
- NFI — Camden, New Jersey
- Nussbaum Transportation — Hudson, Illinois
- Old Dominion Freight Line — Thomasville, North Carolina
- Penske Logistics — Reading, Pennsylvania
- Performance Team – A Maersk Company — El Segundo, California
- PGT Trucking — Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
- Pitt Ohio — Parma, Ohio
- Ruan Transportation Management Systems — Des Moines, Iowa
- Schneider — Green Bay, Wisconsin
- System Freight — Jamesburg, New Jersey
- TCI Transportation — Commerce, California
- Werner Enterprises — Omaha, Nebraska
- Yellow Corp. — Nashville, Tennessee