Bridgestone Americas introduced the M863 all-position radial tire designed for concrete mixers, dump trucks, construction fleets and logging trucks, to help deliver increased durability for on- and off-highway fleets.
“When designing the Bridgestone M863, our goal was to produce an all-position tire without trading off its durability, retreadability, or performance on- and off-highway,” said Steve Hoeft, president of Bridgeston's commercial truck group.
With the M836, on- and off-highway fleets can use the same product in several different positions when a more aggressive tread is not needed. The four-belt construction on the M863 offers a premium casing for maximum retreadability, according to the company.
Key Features of the M863:
- Stone rejector platforms: Help prevent trapped stones from pushing deeper into tread grooves and piercing belt layer, damaging and exposing belts to rust.
- Block sipes: Promote traction by slicing through water for a solid grip on wet roads.
- Stabilizing tie bars: Help reduce block squirm to fight irregular wear and extend tread life.
- Wide flow-through grooves: Evacuate water effectively for solid wet traction.
- Bridgestone Fleet Care: a customizable suite of mobility solutions. The M863 can be supported by solutions such as Bridgestone's tire-monitoring service IntelliTire, which provides real-time data on tire pressure monitoring, temperature, and speed.
The Bridgestone M863 is currently available in four sizes: 11R22.5, 11R24.5, 315/80R22.5, and 12R22.5, with more sizes expected to become available in 2023.