Heavy Duty Trucking has named the 2022 Emerging Leaders, an annual award bestowed upon a group of young trucking industry leaders working at fleet companies and already making a difference in their fields.
The award honors leaders under 40 who are making a difference in both the trucking industry and within their work for a for-hire, private, government, or vocational fleet. These leaders are influential in the trucking industry, innovative and successful. They can point to outstanding accomplishments and demonstrate excellent leadership qualities.
This year’s Emerging Leaders demonstrate the ability to embrace change and lead by example, as well as the enthusiasm to continue building the trucking industry forward. This year, the program had a record number of applicants, logging almost double the nominations from previous years.
HDT 2022 Emerging Leaders
- Matt Brewer, Director of Operations, GreenPath Logistics
- Jeremy Hock, Engineering Team Leader, Schneider
- Jared Jackson, Maintenance and Safety Manager, Sioux Trucking
- Brian Kohn, Executive Vice President, Inter-Metro Freight
- Stephen Lusk, Director of Driver Hiring, EverGreen Industries
- Greg Mellon, Manager of Parts and Purchasing, A. Duie Pyle
- Rita Runge, Regional Manager for Mexico & TCU, Werner Enterprises
- Rick Schmidt, Director of Human Resources and Safety, Nussbaum Transportation
- Angie Twardawa, CEO and Founder, Angie's Transportation
- Ryan Walpole, Director of Maintenance and Purchasing, Walpole Inc.
HDT’s 2022 Emerging Leaders will be profiled in the October 2022 issue of Heavy Duty Trucking. Bios of the winners will be released online when the digital edition of the magazine goes live in mid-October.