Heavy Duty Trucking has named eight trucking fleet executives as its HDT Truck Fleet Innovators for 2022, honoring their leadership and dedication in areas such as zero-emissions adoption, safety culture, maintenance improvements, leading-edge truck and trailer specs and technology, and automation.
HDT’s annual Truck Fleet Innovator awards, now in its 16th year, is about honoring more than a single innovation. It’s about recognizing a certain a mindset. These leaders are those who don’t hesitate to make changes in long-established ways of doing things. Innovations can be groundbreaking, revolutionary breakthroughs. Or they can involve simply taking something that already exists and using it in a new way or in a new industry. Innovators challenge conventional notions of how things have been done before. There’s no place for the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” philosophy in their world.
The 2022 HDT Truck Fleet Innovators are:
- Jim Fields, chief operating officer, Pitt Ohio, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Brian Fielkow, chief executive officer, Jetco Delivery, Houston, Texas
- Tim Gallagher, vice president of maintenance and facilities, United Petroleum Transports, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Vic La Rosa, chief executive officer, Total Transportation Services, Rancho Dominguez, California
- Monte McLeod, director of autogas, ThompsonGas, Frederick, Maryland
- Fred Staugh, vice president and general manager of CRST Equipment Solutions, CRST, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Gregg Troian, president, PGT Trucking, Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
- Keith Wilson, president and chief executive officer, Titan Freight Systems, Portland, Oregon
The 2022 Truck Fleet Innovators are profiled in the May print issue of Heavy Duty Trucking. Watch for additional coverage on Truckinginfo.com.
They will accept their awards during the Heavy Duty Trucking Exchange event, Sept. 7-9, in Scottsdale, Arizona, where they also will participate in a panel discussion.
HDT’s 2022 Truck Fleet Innovators program is sponsored by East Manufacturing.