The Truckload Carriers Association and CarriersEdge have announced the 2021 Best Fleets to Drive For honorees, recognized for providing exemplary work environments for their professional truck drivers and employees.
“In a year where the essential services provided by our industry have come into public focus, it is especially important to acknowledge those carriers who are going above and beyond in setting the standards for workplace satisfaction," said TCA President John Lyboldt.
“2020 was a year like no other, and the 2021 Best Fleets showed that they were stepping up to address those challenges,” said CarriersEdge CEO Jane Jazrawy. “Even in the midst of a pandemic these fleets are focused on creating a great workplace experience for all their drivers, and with an average satisfaction rate over 90% their drivers clearly appreciate those efforts.”
The 2021 Best Fleet to Drive For are:
- American Central Transport — Kansas City, Missouri
- Bison Transport — Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Boyle Transportation — Billerica, Massachusetts
- Central Oregon Truck Company — Redmond, Oregon
- Challenger — Cambridge, Ontario
- Chief Carriers — Grand Island, Nebraska
- Erb Transport — New Hamburg, Ontario
- Fortigo Freight Services — Etobicoke, Ontario
- Fremont Contract Carriers — Fremont, Nebraska
- FTC Transportation — Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Garner Trucking — Findlay, Ohio
- Grand Island Express — Grand Island, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines — Superior, Wisconsin
- Jetco Delivery — Houston, Texas
- Nussbaum Transportation Services — Hudson, Illinois
- Prime — Springfield, Missouri
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking — Defiance, Ohio
- Transpro Freight Systems — Milton, Ontario
- Wellington Motor Freight — Aberfoyle, Ontario
- Wilson Logistics — Springfield, Missouri
In addition to the Top 20, TCA and CarriersEdge named five Fleets to Watch (honorable mentions):
- AirTime Express — Mississauga, Ontario
- Boyd Bros. Transportation — Clayton, Alabama
- Carbon Express — Wharton, New Jersey
- K&J Trucking — Sioux Falls, North Dakota
- Western Dairy Transport — Cabool, Missouri
TCA and CarriersEdge noted that with this year’s honor, Grand Island Express has achieved the milestone of 10 consecutive years on the list. Garner Trucking has reached a milestone of five consecutive years on the list.
Two overall winners, in large and small fleet categories, will be named during TCA’s Annual Convention, being held April 17-20 at the Wynn Las Vegas Resort in Las Vegas.
To be considered for the Best Fleets program, companies operating 10 or more trucks had to receive a nomination from one of their company drivers or owner operators. The fleets were then evaluated using a scoring matrix covering a variety of categories, including total compensation, health benefits, performance management, professional development, and career path/advancement opportunities, among other criteria. Driver surveys were also conducted to collect input from drivers and independent contractors working with the fleets.
See all comments