Teletrac Navman, a software-as-a-service provider, has rolled out its new Drive App, available to Android users on the Google Play store.
The company said this bring-your-own-device solution lets fleet managers to use their supported Android tablets when paired with Teletrac Navman's BT compatible tracking unit “to access the full functionality” of the Director fleet management platform, including navigation, messaging, hours of service, electronic logging device compliance, and driver vehicle inspection reports.
"Software has become such as competitive advantage, helping fleet owners and managers run their businesses with more efficiency and profitability," said Marco Encinas, senior product manager. "Every fleet has made different hardware investments over time, though, which means software needs to work seamlessly across all mobile devices and operating systems to bring value to the business. This is a priority for Teletrac Navman, and we're excited to make our Drive App available to more mobile users, starting with Android but continuing to roll out BYOD solutions for all mobile devices soon, including iOS."
The company said the Drive App for Android provides all in-cab capabilities when paired with Teletrac Navman's BT compatible tracking unit, previously available only with specific proprietary tablets, including:
- HOS and ELD Compliance - Through the electronic logging device home screen on the app, drivers can scroll down to the "DOT Inspection" section to prepare their log on either a smartphone or tablet before handing it to a law enforcement officer.
- Mapping and Navigation - Use the provided offline solution with 3D maps, navigation and truck routing or the mapping and navigation solution provided on your connected device.
- Driver Vehicle Inspection Report Compliance - Details vehicle operations and safety issues to ensure compliance.
- Forms - Arrival, departure, and signature capture forms enable drivers to quickly alert fleet managers that they have completed pickups or dropoffs.
- Messaging - The Director two-way messaging feature keeps drivers and dispatchers linked throughout the day.