A 2007 Peterbilt 379 EXHD claimed top honors, Best of Show, at the 41st Anniversary Shell Rotella SuperRigs competition held recently in Gillette, Wyoming.
The top truck is owned by Truett and Crystal Novosad of College Station, Texas, and they were awarded $10,000 from Shell Rotella. The truck also won the Steve Sturgess Best Theme award for its “Doc Holiday” theme.
Mark Aragon, from Lasalle, Colorado, won Best of Show first runner-up and $4,000 from Shell Rotella for his 2003 Peterbilt 379 EXHD called Slammed Distraction. Ben Overton of Winnipeg, Canada, was awarded Best of Show second runner-up for his 2020 Kenworth W9B.
Other Winning Trucks
Additional first-place winners included:
- Cody Davis, from Cokeville, Wyoming, in the Tractor/Trailer Division and Best Lights for his 2022 Kenworth W900L
- Patrick Lahr, from Denison, Iowa, in the Tractor Division with a 2022 Peterbilt 389; and Clyde Green from Cheyenne, Wyoming, in the Classic Division with his 1982 Kenworth W900 A
- Davis also won the People’s Choice Award.
The winner of the People's Choice was selected virtually with voting taking place online. This year, Shell Rotella donated $1 to the St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund for every People’s Choice vote tallied.
The Shell Rotella SuperRigs competition is an annual truck beauty contest for actively working trucks. Owner-operator truckers from across the United States and Canada compete for cash and prizes valued at approximately $25,000.
All winners also received a case of Shell Rotella T5 10W-30 Synthetic Blend engine oil and MyMilesMatter award points. Twelve drivers were also selected to have their trucks featured in the 2024 Shell Rotella SuperRigs calendar.
Additional highlights of the event included the SuperRigs truck parade through downtown Gillette, plus the truck lights contest and drone light show sponsored by Advance Auto Parts. There was additional entertainment and events throughout the three-day event.
More Truck Awards
Additional 2023 Shell Rotella SuperRigs Results include:
- Non-Working/Show Truck — Truett and Crystal Novosad, College Station, Texas, 1984 Peterbilt 359
- 2nd Place Classic Division — JR Schleuger, Britt, Iowa, 1984 Kenworth W900 B
- 3rd Place Classic Division — Daniel and Phyllis Snow, Harrison, Arkansas, 1996 Freightliner Classic XL
- 1st Place Working Truck - Limited Mileage — Dennis Harris, Peshtigo, Wisconsin, 2022 Kenworth W900
- 2nd Place Working Truck - Limited Mileage — Barry Kasdorf, Winnipeg, Canada, 2023 Peterbilt 389X
- 3rd Place Working Truck - Limited Mileage — John Fabris, Belle Fourche, South Dakota, 2018 Kenworth T880
- 2nd Place Tractor Division — Truett Novosad, College Station, Texas, 2007 Peterbilt 379
- 3rd Place Tractor Division — Richard Rukstalis, Morton, Illinois, 2018 Kenworth T680
- 2nd Place Tractor/Trailer Division — Jake Bast, Shoshone, Idaho, 2001 Peterbilt 379
- 3rd Place Tractor/Trailer Division — Nichole Cheek, Rozet, Wyoming, 2008 Peterbilt 389
- Best Engine — Ben Overton, Winnipeg, Canada, 2022 Kenworth W9B
- Best Chrome — Cody Davis, Cokeville, Wyoming, 2022 Kenworth W900L
- Best Interior — Richard Rukstalis, Morton, Illinois, 2018 Kenworth T680