The Truckload Carriers Association and CarriersEdge unveiled the 2023 Best Fleets to Drive For. The Top 20 winners are for-hire trucking companies from across North America that are being recognized for providing “exemplary work environments” for their professional truck drivers and employees.
To be considered for the Best Fleets program, for-hire companies operating 10 or more tractor trailers had to receive a nomination from one of their company drivers or owner-operators. The fleets were then evaluated using a scoring matrix covering a variety of categories, including:
- total compensation,
- health benefits,
- performance management,
- professional development, and;
- career path/advancement opportunities.
Driver surveys were also conducted to collect input from drivers and independent contractors working with the fleets.
“This year we saw 165 fleets nominated by their drivers for this program and a record-breaking 95 finalists,” said CarriersEdge Chief Executive Officer Jane Jazrawy.
2023 Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For
- American Central Transport - Kansas City, MO
- C.A.T. Inc. - Coteau-du-Lac, QC
- Challenger Motor Freight Inc. - Cambridge, ON
- Chief Carriers, Inc. - Grand Island, NE
- Continental Express, Inc. - Sidney, OH
- Decker Truck Line, Inc. - Fort Dodge, IA
- Erb Transport - New Hamburg, ON
- Fortigo Freight Services Inc. - Etobicoke, ON
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. - Fremont, NE
- Jetco Delivery a GTI Company - Houston, TX
- K & J Trucking, Inc. - Sioux Falls, SD
- Kriska Holdings Limited - Prescott, ON
- Leonard's Express - Farmington, NY
- Nick Strimbu, Inc. - Brookfield, OH
- PGT Trucking, Inc. - Aliquippa, PA
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc. - Defiance, OH
- TLD Logistics Services, Inc. - Knoxville, TN
- Transland - Strafford, MO
- Veriha Trucking, Inc. - Marinette, WI
- Wellington Group of Companies - Aberfoyle, ON
Last year, TCA and CarriersEdge expanded the program by adding a Hall of Fame category. This recognition level is above the regular Top 20 and honors fleets demonstrating Top 20 performance for extended periods of time.
To be eligible for the Hall of Fame, fleets must be named as a Best Fleet for 10 consecutive years, or 7 years with at least one overall award, and must continue to qualify as a Top 20 to be eligible.
2023 Best Fleets to Drive For Returning Hall of Fame Recipients
- Bison Transport Inc. - Winnipeg, MB
- Boyle Transportation - Billerica, MA
- Central Oregon Truck Company, Inc. - Redmond, OR
- FTC Transportation, Inc. - Oklahoma City, OK
- Grand Island Express - Grand Island, NE
- Halvor Lines, Inc. - Superior, WI
- Nussbaum Transportation Services, Inc. - Hudson, IL
- Prime Inc. - Springfield, MO
2023 Best Fleets to Driver for New Hall of Fame Recipients
- Garner Trucking, Inc. - Findlay, OH
- TransPro Freight Systems Limited - Milton, ON
Two overall winners, in large and small fleet categories, will be named during TCA's Annual Convention — Truckload 2023: Orlando — set for March 4-7 at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Centre, Kissimmee, FL. The overall winner awards are sponsored by Eleos Technologies and TruckRight.
5 Fleets to Watch (2023 Best Fleets to Drive for Honorable Mentions)
- Crete Carrier Corporations and its Shaffer Trucking Division - Lincoln, NE
- Mill Creek Motor Freight LTD - Ayr, ON
- Skelton Truck Lines - Sharon, ON
- Steve's Livestock Transport - Blumenort, MB
- USXL - Foristell, MO
See all comments