Southeastern Freight Lines has expanded its Final Mile service across all 89 service centers, which includes more than 350 trucks.
Southeastern’s Final Mile trucks offer residential deliveries as well as deliveries to freestanding retail stores, locations where a dock is not available or there is limited access.
“As we continue to enhance the ‘Quality Without Question’ service our customers have come to expect, we have strategically built our final mile service over time. We started with a small number of trucks in select markets to test both efficiencies and market demand,” said Rob Smith, vice president of service center operations at Southeastern Freight Lines.
Southeastern’s commitment to Quality Without Question service has so far provided 99.3% of its deliveries on time. Its software includes features such as:
- Real-time tracking with 100% visibility
- Automatic delivery status updates
- APIs allow shippers to integrate their e-commerce shopping carts to the Southeastern system
- Ability to use emails and phone numbers of residential customers to send links for self-appointments
- Driver mobile allows the driver to take a picture to confirm delivery when the customer is not present