Roger LLC has officially launched as an independent technology company providing digital tools for shippers and carriers in the dry bulk truck freight industry.
In an effort to modernize manual paper processes and proprietary systems for shippers and carriers, Roger assembled a group of dry bulk truck freight shippers, including the Andersons Inc., Cargill, Consolidated Grain and Barge Co., Koch Fertilizer and the Scoular Company, who have worked alongside more than 200 trucking companies to design a new platform that will be accessible to both shippers and carriers.
Scoular Chief Information Officer Jeff Schreiner will serve as CEO for Roger.
“Working with this team allowed us to build technology that can be used across the entire industry, giving trucking companies the ability to digitally track each interaction throughout a haul, then electronically request payment,” said Schreiner.
Roger’s app and desktop dashboard will include such features as:
- Paperless ticket capture: Drivers simply snap a photo of a load ticket, and it’s saved in the app.
- Real-time shipment status: Roger users automatically receive updates when a trucker uploads critical load/unload data on the desktop dashboard.
- Digital payment processing: Once a haul is complete, carriers may request payment directly from shippers within the app.
- FieldDirect: This feature provides a real-time, visual look at where loads are at any time.
- Digital freight marketplace: Carriers can find and book loads, and identify backhaul opportunities to reduce or eliminate deadhead mileage.
An industrywide rollout is expected in late 2020.