The new Bridgestone M704 all-position tire is designed to provide fleets optimal performance in wet weather conditions, the tire manufacturer said.
Engineered for regional pickup and delivery service applications, the Bridgestone M704 tire is suited for steer and drive axle positions. Featuring a deep tread for long wear life and a tread pattern designed for excellent traction, the Bridgestone M704 tire is designed to withstand the high-scrub environments that regional fleets encounter daily.
“Fleets that operate in the regional pickup and delivery service sector need tires that can handle the harsh conditions of city streets, especially in challenging weather conditions where traction is critical,” said Ben Johnson, director of marketing, truck and bus radial tires, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations.
Key features of the Bridgestone M704 tire include:
- Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) certification for winter traction performance;
- Tread pattern edge design to promote wet traction;
- 20/32nds tread depth to promote long tread wear life;
- Wide flow-through tread grooves to effectively expel water and deliver solid wet traction;
- Block sipes in the tread pattern to slice through water and improve contact with the road.
The new Bridgestone M704 tire for regional pickup and delivery service applications is also now available in the U.S. and Canada in the 225/70R19.5 size with N speed rating. The tire is designed to pair with a Bandag retread to help fleets capitalize on the casing's full performance potential.