Bridgestone Americas has launched two ultra wide base tires, the Greatec M835A Ecopia tire for the drive position and the Greatec R197 Ecopia tire for the trailer position.
Designed for use on the tandem-axel applications in long-haul service, the Greatec ultra wide base Ecopia tires are designed for better fuel-efficiency and delivers up to a 20% longer wear life than the previous generation offering, according to Bridgestone. The trailer tire delivers 6% better rolling resistance than the previous tire.
The Greatec M835A Ecopia tire and the Greatec R197 Ecopia tire are built with advanced technology including:
- High rigidity tread pattern for long tread life, overall even wear and low rolling resistance;
- Optimized shoulder design for even wear balance across the tire footprint;
- NanoPro-Tech compound to limit energy loss for improved rolling resistance;
- Fuel Saver Sidewall to absorb excess energy and help conserve fuel, both when new and retreaded;
- Patented Waved Belt Design to reduce casing growth and maintain a stable footprint;
- Patented Turn-In Ply design to reduce ply-end stress; and
- Stone Rejector Platforms to combat capture and retention of casing-damaging stones
Like all Bridgestone Ecopia tires, the new line of Greatec ultra wide base tires are compatible with Bandag FuelTech retreads. The Greatec M835AEcopia tire and the Greatec R197 Ecopia tire are available in size 445/50R22.5.