Created in 2003 and named after Freightliner Trucks' founder Leland James, the program recognizes and rewards outstanding sales results from dealerships in the United States and Canada. Recipients were selected for both on-highway and vocational sales success, and each winner will receive a custom crystal trophy engraved with an image of the original "Bubblenose" Freightliner truck developed by Leland James.
The top 20 sales professionals were honored at a special awards ceremony in Marco Island, Fla.
Achievement is based on successful sales but also takes into consideration other criteria, including total number of customers; type of trucks sold; and training certification.
Top 20 Leland James Elite winners:
* Greg Allen, Stoops Freightliner, Lima, Ohio
* Tony Amadio, Campbell Freightliner, Edison, N.J.
* Bob Arrington, Atlantic Truck Center, Pompano Beach, Fla.
* Bryan Crawford, Los Angeles Freightliner, Fontana, Calif.
* Jerry Dewall, Freightliner of Grand Rapids, Wyoming, Mich.
* John Di Novella, Truck Country, De Forest, Wisc.
* Ron Donze, Truck Centers, Inc., Troy, Ill.
* Lynn Dundee, Houston Freightliner, Houston, Texas
* Jeremy Ervin, Freightliner of Chattanooga, Ringold, Ga.
* John Gile, Truck Country, Dubuque, Iowa
* Greg Heisterkamp, Holcomb Freightliner, Sioux City, Iowa
* Lee Howard, Fresno Truck Center, Fresno, Calif.
* Mike Iden, Lubbock Truck Sales, Lubbock, Texas
* Kermit Jones, Virginia Truck Center, Roanoke, Va.
* Rick Kinney, Truck Country, Kaukauna, Wisc.
* David Klockow, Hill Truck Sales, South Bend, Ind.
* Blake MacPherson, Team Truck Centers, Maidstone, Ontario
* Jeff Osborne, Freightliner of Evansville, Evansville, Ind.
* Bill Rhyne, Fyda Freightliner, Columbus, Ohio
* Joe Switzer, Truck Centers, Inc., Troy, Ill.