Due to COVID concerns, FTR canceled its 2021 Transportation Conference. In place of the canceled in-person event, FTR announced it will host a virtual conference beginning Sept. 13.
In a series of no-cost, public webinars, speakers will present content covering trucking, as well as the rail and intermodal industries.
Each day will have a specific focus and virtual attendees can choose to attend the sessions of most interest to them, FTR officials said in a press release.
The trucking-related sessions will be held on Sept. 13, and will include:
- 11 a.m. EST – Technology: Completing the circuit on electric trucks
- 11 a.m. EST – An Industry in Flux: How employment and labor law are changing trucking
- 2 p.m. EST – Used Trucks: Heating up or cooling down
- 2 p.m. EST – Capacity and Productivity: Pre-autonomous countermeasures for a tight supply of drivers
On Sept. 14, there will be rail- and intermodal- related content, and Sept. 15 speakers will give an overview of the economy. Sessions will include:
- 11 a.m. EST – Economic Recovery and Demand Creation: What the data says about where we are headed
- 2 p.m. EST – A Wall Street Perspective: Transportation Industry Dynamics