Rand McNally unveiled the OverDryve 7 Pro II GP navigation system for professional drivers. Like its larger-screened predecessor, the OverDryve 7 Pro II is designed for navigating, playing SiriusXM radio, recording dash-cam footage, calling and texting hands-free, browsing the web, and more.
The new device features a high-definition 7-inch screen and is powered by Rand Navigation 2.0 system built specifically for professional drivers. The 2.0 platform, which debuted last year, includes more truck-specific routes than other providers as well as innovative data overlays to help drivers with the business of trucking, Rand McNally said.
Beyond navigation, the OverDryve 7 Pro II has been redesigned with upgraded processing power to be three times faster than the first-generation device.
Key features of the OverDryve 7 Pro include:
- A high-definition 7-inch screen;
- Rand Navigation 2.0 featuring truck routing, a modern, clean interface, and easy-to-see visuals such as three-dimensional cities and landmarks. The new mapping includes improved routing that is optimized with sophisticated connected features, such as real-time, traffic-influenced routing;
- A fully adjustable dash cam with loop recording and an integrated G sensor to create optimal recordings;
- Built-in SiriusXM radio with the first 3 months of service free;
- An upgraded, stronger magnetic mount that supports tethering to enable playing audio from OverDryve 7 Pro through any Bluetooth speaker;
- Dedicated digital signal processing for greater audio clarity on calls;
- Significantly more battery capacity and more powerful processors for faster routing and smoother graphics;
- Live traffic, current fuel prices, and weather conditions down the road. The information is presented with dynamic overlays – versus a text listing – that can be adjusted according to driver preference to render the right balance of opacity to reveal the mapping underneath
- Enhanced driver tools such as mileage and fuel logs;
- ELD-readiness with the Rand McNally DriverConnect app on board;
- And, safety features such as voice assistance and hands-free calling and texting.