Beginning with trucks being built in July 2013, PreSet Plus hub assemblies from Consolidated Metco will be standard on all Peterbilt Class 8 trucks manufactured at its Denton, Texas plant.
PreSet Plus hub assemblies feature ConMet Premium bearings, which offer:
- 40% improvement in surface finish that results in superior rolling contact, reduced friction, lower operating temperatures and increased lubrication.
- Precisely engineered profiles minimize raceway and roller stresses under heavy loads and better utilize the roller length under light loads
- Increased bearing life even when used in demanding conditions such as wide-base single wheels and misalignment due to spindle wear.
- An integrated spindle nut simplifies installation, protects components during installation and removal, and aids in removal of the assembly during service.
- The patented nut system increases clamp, improves safety and eliminates adjustments required to engage a locking ring.
- A new bearing spacer has been optimized for the PreSet Plus system to accommodate higher clamp loads.
PreSet Plus hub assemblies are available in aluminum for lightweight solutions and in iron for non-weight sensitive applications. There are designs for steer, drive and trailer axles as well as for disc and drum brakes.