1. Change or top off any engine fluids such as oil and coolant.
2. Request a controlled refrigerant level test to assure the unit is operating at peak cooling capacity.
3. Check and adjust or replace all belts
4. Test defrost cycle to assure maximum operating performance
5. Service the fuel system, to include:
* Replacing fuel filter(s)
* Draining any water or sediment from fuel tank
* Cleaning fuel inlet screens
* Possibly adding a secondary fuel sediment bowl/ filtering device
6. Run a complete pre-trip.
7. Make sure engine speeds are adjusted to factory specifications for smoothest operation and fuel efficiency.
These services and inspections should be performed by qualified service professionals.
Another thing TK is doing to help customers out while this record heat is putting strain on refrigeration units is its annual Instant Rebate program. Now in its eighth year, the program allows customers to buy quantities of genuine Thermo King parts and PG parts for Carrier units, with rebates of up to $250 per item. It runs through the end of September.
Parts and accessories eligible for rebates include:
* Water pumps
* Refrigeration parts
* PrimAir chutes
* EON batteries
* PG Parts for Carrier Transicold units