The new line of Fabco axles offers customers a lighter weight and lower height option for heavy-duty all wheel drive vehicles.
Fabco's new low-profile 18,000- to 23,000-pound steerable drive axle will assist truck manufacturers in maintaining a low cab height in vehicles with larger engines. The low profile axle design uses a high torque capacity and compact single reduction differential assembly to reduce the axle profile compared to previous Fabco axles.
The Fabco FSD-23 is the fourth generation 18,000- to 23,000-pound product from Fabco and retains the wheel end assembly from the previous SDA series of Fabco axles.
The FSD-23 features include:
- Low profile design for reduced vehicle cab and frame height.
- Approximately 100-pound weight savings over previous Fabco SDA-series.
- A broad range of ratios allows coverage of many types of end-use applications.
- Optional driver-controlled differential locks.
- Non-proprietary high volume North American S-Cam brakes with Gunite automatic slack adjusters.
- Fabco's inclined spherical bearing king pins for optimizing steering performance and ease of maintenance.
- Fabricated steel axle housing construction and modular design.
The FSD-23 axle is developed for severe service applications such as military, oil field, construction, mining, wildland fire and municipal utility.