,providing high-quality data, including larger and more dynamic maps, to help track exact vehicle location and improve route details. Available in November 2008, the enhanced mapping capability is part of the Xatanet 4.3 release.
Xata will deliver improved capabilities by leveraging Microsoft Virtual Earth maps, which gives their customers a host of additional maps for vehicle tracking and provides additional geographic tracking capabilities for fleet operators. Microsoft Virtual Earth also pulls geographic data directly from the Web for up-to-the-minute vehicle tracking, ensuring that customers have instant access to the most updated data on their vehicles.
Xatanet 4.3 includes a new mapping user-interface that provides enhanced ease-of-use benefits, such as keyboard shortcuts and real-time map updates.
Mapping enhancement highlights include:
• Draggable maps, which enable users to quickly pan and see a broader view of the highlighted geographical area, giving an enhanced view of a vehicle's location.
• Increased customization, which allows users to include information specific to delivery routes.
• Increased map visibility, with the ability to show road detail, aerial photographs, or both.
• Improved GPS positioning controls for more accurate delivery and pickup location information.
• Increased capacity to handle more data points and more accurate map details.
More info: www.xata.com