The new Triton oil is made from high quality synthetic stocks and advanced additives for customers who want enhanced engine performance from equipment operating in a wide range of temperature and service conditions.
This new heavy duty engine oil is designed for lubrication of modern low-emissions diesel engines with aftertreatment devices and is backward-copmatible for use in older engines specifying the previous categories of engine oils.
Triton ECT 5W40 Full Synthetic will be available to ConocoPhillips Lubricants customers who buy products under the Conoco, Phillips 66 and 76 Lubricants brands, according to Reginald Dias, Director, Commercial Products, ConocoPhillips Company.
"We are pleased to offer our customers a new wide-grade full synthetic diesel engine oil that combines advantages of the synthetic stocks and performance of an advanced additive to deliver undiminished protection for heavy duty engines operating in extreme applications that range from high to low in temperature and service," says Dias. "Triton ECT 5W40 Full Synthetic has the potential to improve fuel economy relative to a 15W40 oil, benefiting customers through reduced fuel usage."
Triton ECT 5W40 Full Synthetic provides excellent soot control, wear protection and low temperature oil pumpability for engines operating in extreme service conditions. Triton ECT 5W40 Full Synthetic meets lubrication requirements of engines compliant with 2007 low emissions regulations and meets heavy duty engine oil specifications for Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Mack, and VOLVO.
Its unique features provide the following performance benefits:
* Improved soot handling: helps prevent oil thickening and reduces filter blockage and deposits
* Increased oxidation stability: maintains oil quality by resisting oxidative breakdown
* Better low temperature viscometrics: ensures rapid oil flow for proper lubrication at low temperatures and prevents wear at start-up
* Low lead corrosion: prolongs bearing life by prevention of lead corrosion
* Wear protection: reduces wear on critical parts and extends equipment life
More info: http://lubricants.conocophillips.com.