The all-position XZE2 tire improves on Michelin's existing XZE tire in a number of characteristics:
• A 15 percent increase in overall tread life - meaning more miles of operation without compromising other performance attributes.
• An optimized tire profile, incorporating Michelin's siping technology and four-groove design, protects the tire against irregular wear.
• A 6 percent wider tread area that delivers enhanced traction and stability, improving handling and maneuverability for the driver.
• An enhanced chip- and cut-resistant tread compound for all load ranges. This compound was previously only in LRH tires, and combined with the 22/32nds of original tread depth allows the XZE2 tire to deliver the best wear in high-scrub applications.
• A 5 percent reduction in rolling resistance, providing increased fuel efficiency.
The XZE2 tire will be available beginning March 1, in sizes 11R22.5, 275/80R22.5 and 11R24.5, with a 275/80R24.5 size becoming available in April. The XZE tire will remain available through the end of the year.