The workshops will be held in the following cities in 2012: New Orleans, July 17-18; Kansas City, Mo., Aug. 15-16; Hartford, Conn., Aug. 22-23; and Anchorage, Alaska, Sept. 5-6.
FMCSA developed the workshop program to provide up-to-date information to tank truck carrier and commercial repair facility personnel responsible for compliance with DOT regulatory requirements. Topics covered include:
- Overview of 49 CFR Part 180
- Special test/inspection conditions
- Registration procedures for test/inspection facilities
- Qualifications of registered inspectors and authorized inspectors
- External and internal visual inspections
- Pressure, leakage, and thickness tests
- Lining inspections
- Record keeping
- DOT interpretations
- Compliance and enforcement issues
Online registration is available at www.tanktruck.org. The $295 per person registration includes a detailed workbook, NTTC Hazardous Materials Regulations Book, two lunches and morning coffee and a certificate of attendance.