November 28, 2023
Watch: One Energy CEO on New Megawatt Truck Charging Hub
One Energy is an industrial power company and installer of on-site, behind-the-meter, wind energy systems. It recently unveiled its first 30 megawatt battery-electric truck charging site. The site is fully developed, energized, and waiting for its first fleet customers in Findlay, Ohio.
This episode of HDT Talks Trucking is sponsored by:
CAT Scale — Learn more about its WeighMyTruck app.
And by Scraper Systems snow removal
One Energy is a Utility 2.0 company that sits between the consumer and the utility company. Because it's more agile than a utility, it can make projects like this happen. Fast. One Energy went from shovels in the ground to flipping the proverbial switch in just eight months. One Energy CEO Jereme Kent joins Jim Park to talk about the project, its potential, and why he chose to build this facility in Findlay, Ohio.
Watch this Episode of HDT Talks Trucking to Learn:
- The difference between a utility company and Utility 2.0
- Why Findlay, Ohio, could be an ideal site for a megawatt charging hub
- Why did One Energy not build this site in California?
- Are Findlay's colder winters a barrier to success?
- Is it OK to charge trucks in a coal-powered state like Ohio?
- How electricity costs will affect fleets' operating margins
- How a megawatt charging hub works
- Is this concept the truckstop of the future?
More About One Energy
🎧 Prefer to listen? Check out the HDT Talks Trucking podcast!