July 28, 2022
What a Visit to Cummins Tells us About the Future of Truck Engines
Cummins recently invited transportation journalists to Columbus, Indiana, to discuss zero and near-zero emissions powertrain products it has in development, including a 6.7L engine that runs on 87 octane gasoline and an battery-electric drivetrain for a Class 7 delivery truck. Equipment Editor Jim Park and Senior Contributing Editor Jack Roberts were there and share their observations on these two vehicles as well as the company's plans to position itself as a leading global provider of alternative powertrain products.
This episode is sponsored by CAT Scale. Learn more about its WeighMyTruck app.
Watch to learn more about these topics:
- Cummins turns to gasoline for B6.7 Octane engine
- The Octaine engine in a Freightliner M2
- Driving a Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins 6.7L gasoline engine
- Driving an Isuzu FTR Class 6 with a Cummins battery-electric powertrain
- The Road Ahead for Cummins
🤝 Follow and connect with HDT on social media!
🎧 Prefer to listen? Check out the HDT Talks Trucking podcast!