J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. has introduced a Universal Placard Holder, with a patent-pending flexible design.
“Rigid placard holders kink when placed on curved surfaces, making it difficult to slide placards and shields in and out,” said Alex Kaye, J. J. Keller mechanical engineer, in a press release. “Our flexible holder can be mounted on flat, curved or uneven surfaces with ease.”
Developed after customer research including rounds of interviews and prototype testing, the Universal Placard Holder:
- mounts to flat or curved surfaces, including tank diameters as small as five feet
- includes a removable, UV-resistant polycarbonate shield to protect placards from the elements and blowout
- features a pushup thumb hole in the shield for easy removal of the placard and shield
- includes one-piece stainless steel spring clip to keep the placard and shield in place
- prevents placard and shield corners from getting stuck or pinched in the holder.
“It’s been more than 20 years since placard holders have had any design changes,” said Joel Clark, director of forms and supplies for J. J. Keller. “Our Universal Placard Holder relieves many of our customers’ pain points, eliminating the need for them to find work-arounds and allowing them to stay in compliance.”