Phillips Industries has introduced a premium power air kit, the Qwik-Change PAK, combining ready-to-install factory assembled tractor to trailer connection components and cable support.
Phillips recognized that fleets were facing two challenges with their back of cab systems: air and electrical was a cost of doing business rather than a return on investment, and multiple components meant multiple part number maintenance. To solve this, Phillips designed the Qwik-Change PAK, which features a combination of premium products consolidated into one easy kit.
The product combines Phillips premium spiral-wrapped three-in-one electrical and air combination assemblies with quick-change plugs, service and emergency factory-installed anodized gladhands, and two 25" Qwik-Change heavy-duty tracker spring kits with Qwik-Clamp.
Purchasing the Qwik-Change PAK components in an all-in-one kit reduces the overall costs, simplifies installation and maintenance, and assures the correct combination of durable products for reliable tractor to trailer connections, Phillips officials said in a press release.
Individual PAK components include:
• Quick-change plugs; two-minute quick and easy serviceable seven-way plugs with corrosion-inhibiting components. The nylon plug insert is easily removed and replaced. With the QCP, there is no rewiring or removal of spiral wrap to disassemble the three-in-one for repair.
- Seven-way trailer side cable guard and extended lead length with added protection at major stress points.
- Factory-installed anodized gladhands with stainless steel detent plates for corrosion protection preserve the air connections.
- Application-specific heavy-duty springs and Qwik-Clamp offer proper air and electrical cable support. The Qwik-Clamp is corrosion resistant and installs and adjusts in seconds without tools.
- Premium quality heavy-duty Phillips air and electrical lines are spiral-wrapped, providing abrasion protection and an unobstructed view for DOT inspections.
PAKs are available from Phillips authorized dealers with 12-foot or 15-foot cable lengths.