Following extensive testing and development to stop magnesium chloride from entering truck and trailer electrical systems and causing damage, Phillips introduced introduce the first connector, an unbreakable glass filled nylon connector, and the second, a hybrid combination using unbreakable glass filled nylon and zinc die-cast.
Each new Weather-Tite connector has added protection from moisture with a three-blade Nitrile wiper seal at the mating end. This Weather-Tite seal effectively blocks any contaminants from entering at the 7-way connection, Phillips says.
Features of the Weather-Tite connectors include:
* Nitrile sealing rings that stop magnesium chloride and other debris from entering socket
* Mates with any SAE approved 7-way conductor socket
* Wiper seals are field replaceable
* Connector rear is sealed with compression clamp and TPR sleeve for further corrosion protection
* Cable guard is ratchet locked preventing vibration from loosening guard
* Connector has ABS bumper
* 26 gauge brass insert pins have stainless steel compression springs
* Standard with dielectric grease
Phillips Weather-Tite connectors will be available July 2012 on new equipment or for replacement from authorized Phillips distributors.
More info: www.phillipsind.com.