"The dezl is designed to satisfy the navigation needs of the trucking industry," said Dan Bartel, Garmin's vice president of worldwide sales. "Big enough to be seen and loud enough to be heard in the trucking environment, the dezl is pre-loaded with truck-specific features that can save drivers time, money and fuel, making it the ultimate combination of practicality and convenience."
There are two models in the dezl series: the dezl 560LT, a lifetime traffic-enabled model that notifies drivers of traffic delays and road construction and suggests detours around them; and the dezl 560LMT that adds lifetime map updates, letting users download the most up-to-date maps and points of interest up to four times a year.
Garmin incorporates locations in the NTTS Breakdown Directory - the most comprehensive guide to semi truck repair facilities nationwide. With more than 30,000 repair and heavy duty towing services for the continental United States and Canada, this preloaded guide provides fleets and owner operators with up-to-date information enabling them to make better decisions about over-the-road repair, compare prices, services and check availability 24 hours a day.
Safer, smarter routing in the cab:
* Preloaded with detailed maps that provide turn-by-turn directions and call out streets by name, the dçzl devices feature specialized routing to support truck-related restrictions that are customizable by height, weight, length and hazardous materials. Users can maintain multiple truck profiles and can change the active profile at any point.
* To help you keep track of your time on the road, these units automatically archive the number of miles driven in a given state or province, and can aide drivers in logging fuel purchases and usage. This data can be exported from the unit and can be beneficial in submitting the quarterly International Fuel Tax Agreement documentation.
* dezl can make finding pit stops a cinch with the exit services feature that allows drivers to quickly search for upcoming highway exits for food, fuel, lodging, rest areas, truck stops and weigh stations.
* Lane assist with junction view helps you navigate with confidence while dçzl directs you to the appropriate lane, with realistic images of upcoming complex junctions where available.
* nüRoute predictive routing provides efficient routing and realistic arrival times, while trafficTrends recommends routes using historical traffic data and recurring trends about traffic in your area at any given time or day.
The dezl 560LT has a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $469.99, and the dezl 560LTM is priced at $529.99. Both devices are expected to be available in the first quarter of 2011.
More info: www.garmin.com.