This allows them to generate detailed insight and greater visibility into their transportation operations in real-time or on a historical basis to identify trends.
Transplace previously provided similar reporting services, but reports were pushed to customers, and each customer relied primarily on its own set of reports.
The company built its business intelligence reporting system with the Microsoft Business Intelligence suite as the primary development tool. The system gives customers the following features:
• On-demand Reporting - to pull custom or standard reports from an online portal at any time.
• Scheduled Reporting - to automatically generate key performance indicator (KPI) reports at specified times for quick and efficient distribution to decision makers.
• More than 100 Standard Transportation Industry Reports - to accelerate common report-generation categorized across the major transportation logistical areas: service, operations and cost.
• Ad Hoc Reports - to build custom reports that measure KPIs using a user-friendly interface.
• Scorecards and Dashboards - to compare performance against goals over time, view real-time KPIs and enable performance-management.
Transplace began rolling out the business intelligence reporting system in 2008. Plans are underway for converting all of Transplace's current customers to the new system in the coming months.
More info: www.transplace.com