The program allows for the InfoLink capability, typically an optional feature, to be offered as standard functionality by East. The program runs through May 31, 2010.
"East is very pro-active when it comes to offering customers technologies that will benefit their operations," said Jon Morrison, president and general manager of Meritor Wabco. "They are the first to offer this type of opportunity and we are pleased to support them in this effort."
The InfoLink system is a function of the company's Enhanced Easy-Stop trailer ABS using an advanced electronic control unit that monitors and communicates pertinent trailer information directly to the tractor and any other designated devices in standard J1587 protocol dialogue.
Utilizing power line communications (PLC) and simple binary technology, data is gathered through five built-in generic input/output ports that monitor customer-defined functions which can include, but are not limited to: tire pressure; ThermAlert high temperature wheel-end protection; tag and lift axle control condition; brake lining wear; reefer data; fuel status, and back-up light function. InfoLink processes this information, then acting as a command center, shares it with the tractor using a Meritor Wabco dash PLC display that interprets the data for the operator.
The system is also compatible with telematic technology and can communicate with telematics systems installed on the trailer or tractor.
"Our Enhanced East-Stop trailer ABS system continues to evolve with advanced functions such as InfoLink which offers unequalled trailer monitoring and control capabilities," said Morrison. "This technology provides operating advantages with measurable benefits for a fleet's operation."
The Enhanced Easy-Stop system, introduced in 2007, offers significant advantages, including:
· Lighter weight, single- and dual-integrated modulator valve designs that require less hardware and offer lower leak potential
· Individually replaceable ECU and ABS modulators for maintenance time and cost savings
· Notebook function which allows vehicle, component and maintenance data to be stored in the ECU, then accessed through Meritor Wabco's Toolbox software for troubleshooting assistance
· Pre-determined service interval indicator data can be stored within the system to help keep maintenance on schedule
· Tamper-proof electronic odometer to easily track trailer mileage
· Trailer diagnostics conducted through the tractor ABS and accessed via Meritor Wabco's Toolbox software helps minimize downtime
MeritorWabco products are supported by ArvinMeritor's sales, service and support organization for fleets, dealers and OEMs.
More info: www.meritorwabco.com