July 11, 2023
The State of Autonomous Vehicle Development [Video]
Autonomous or self-driving trucks have been with us for more than a decade, yet no company has yet placed a full Level-4 truck into regular revenue service without a human driver aboard. In the early days, few predicted it would take this long for self-driving technology to hit the road. Where is the autonomous/self-driving truck industry today? How much longer will we have to wait for Level 4 to mature? What's the holdup?
This episode of HDT Talks Trucking is sponsored by Double Coin.
To answer these questions and more, HDT invited two industry pioneers to discuss the current state of heavy duty self-driving trucks. This episode features Joanna Buttler, head of Daimler Trucks’ Global Autonomous Technology Group, and Peter Vaughan Schmidt, CEO of Torc Robotics.
Watch this Episode of HDT Talks Trucking to Learn:
- What does the regulatory landscape look like right now?
- Where is public perception on autonomous trucks?
- How has AV technology improved over time?
- Should fleets buy AV technology, or hire it as a service?
- How will fleets integrate AVs into their existing fleets?
- How will AVs impact fleet maintenance operations?
- Will AVs actually make highways safer?
- How does the insurance industry feel about autonomous trucks?
More About Autonomous Trucks