December 8, 2022
Is There a Diesel Fuel Shortage? [Video]
Despite what you may have heard, no, we’re not running out of diesel fuel. But – low stockpiles do mean higher prices. In this episode of HDT Talks Trucking, we break down what you should know and what this means for trucking fleets.
This episode is sponsored by Citgo
Learn more at citgolubes.com
Heavy Duty Trucking's top story from November was the news that stockpiles of distillate fuels (meaning diesel fuel and heating oil) were low. HDT Editor in Chief Deborah Lockridge joins Managing Editor Vesna Brajkovic to talk:
- What low distillate fuel stockpiles mean for trucking fleets
- Misconceptions of a diesel fuel shortage
- What conditions lead to these high diesel prices
- How these conditions compare to previous numbers
- When will diesel fuel costs drop
- and more!
No, We Aren’t Running Out of Diesel Fuel — But Low Stockpiles Mean Higher Prices
🤝 Follow and connect with HDT on social media!
🎧 Prefer to listen? Check out the HDT Talks Trucking podcast!