Carrier Logistics has made its Facts Rate Engine package available as a standalone solution to provide less-than-truckload fleets of all sizes, using any legacy system, with the ability to price and rate shipments.
The Facts Rate Engine product is the standalone version of the CLI Pricing and Rating Module that is part of the company’s Facts freight management solution designed for the LTL and small package industries. The platform provides complete integrated billing, accounting, and operations freight management capabilities designed specifically for multi-terminal, high volume freight bill environments.
Facts can be deployed to control Dispatch, Dock, Linehaul and administrative functions for a multiple terminal transportation company. Including a complete financial suite, Facts includes accounts receivable, accounts payable modules and a complete general ledger.
The Facts Rate Engine from Carrier Logistics is designed to boost rating and pricing performance by providing LTL freight operations with a range of features including:
- The ability to import customer pricing attributes directly from Excel
- CWT, Pallet, Piece, Cubic Meter, Per-Mile, Linear Foot and many other Rating types
- APIs to SMC and Middlewest Pricing Bureaus
- Support for multi-tier discounts on the basis of shipment weight
- FSC – support of levels based on Department of Energy defined and/or customized regions
- The ability to define customized classes over and above standard NMFC classes
- Dimensional Rates based on true space needs for user defined pallet heights
“Our automated rating program, which is based on the LTL operational model, provides carriers with a way to dramatically improve pricing performance without having to invest in an entirely new freight management system,” said Ben Wiesen, president of CLI. “The module is a robust means of upgrading capabilities because it can easily, quickly, accurately and flexibly meet the complex rating requirements of today’s LTL shippers using any legacy system.”