Panasonic Upgrades Rugged Toughbook Convertible Tablet PC
September 2012, TruckingInfo.com - Feature
The Panasonic Toughbook 19, a rugged convertible tablet PC, is getting upgrades.
Toughbook 19 Fully-Rugged Convertible Tablet PC
The updated Toughbook 19 now comes with an Intel Core i5-3320M vProT processor (up to 3.3GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology.
Other enhancements include expanded storage, a more responsive touchpad and an innovative ambient light sensor, allowing automatic backlight shut-off to improve battery life.
- Upgraded processor: Intel Core i5-3320M vPro (up to 3.3GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Expanded storage: 500GB 7200rpm hard drive (shock-mounted flex-connect with quick release)
- Improved battery life: 10% longer, delivering 10 hours per MobileMark 2007 testing on the touch model
- Added connectivity options: USB 3.0 port provides up to 10 times faster file transfer speeds
- Increased touchpad responsiveness: Now using Interlink's VersaPad
- Added ambient light sensor: allows automatic backlight shut-off to enhance battery life
- Improved battery calibration tool: Now capable of running in the background, allowing simultaneous use of computer
For a full list of Toughbook 19 specifications, visit http://www.toughbook.com
Optional integrated 4G LTE wireless or 3G Gobi mobile broadband is another key feature of the Toughbook 19, allowing workers to stay connected virtually all of the time. Optional GPS technology enables improved accuracy, fast satellite acquisition time and low power consumption. The Toughbook 19 also features IntelCentrino Advanced-N 6235 Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v. 4.0 + EDR (Class 1) and numerous other connectivity options.
With 10 hours of battery life, the Toughbook 19 is ready for a full day of work. The computer's Battery Calibration Tool can now run in the background, allowing users to work while the battery is being calibrated.
The Toughbook 19 goes beyond the MIL-STD-810G certification with the ability to withstand a 6-foot drop. The device also features a shock-mounted hard drive, full magnesium alloy case and available explosive atmosphere certification (Class 1 Div 2) for hazardous environments. The Toughbook 19's IP65 certification provides water and dust resistance, enabling field workers to maintain their productivity in challenging scenarios such as heavy rains or sandstorms.
In addition, the device has a fanless design, improving reliability by reducing the opportunity for dust or liquid related ingress issues, typical of challenging works environments. The 10.1-inch XGA touchscreen TransreflectivePlus display with anti-reflective and anti-glare screen treatments, plus a circular polarizing filter for outdoor viewing even in direct sunlight.