Trucking and logistics provider Ceva Logistics has opened a new foreign trade zone warehouse operation in Miami that has been approved by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
The new facility joins Ceva’s existing network of foreign trade zone operations in Los Angeles, Dallas/Fort Worth and Chicago.
Located within Ceva’s Miami gateway operation, the facility has an activated, secured and compliance controlled area consisting of 4,172 sq. ft.
The benefits offered by a foreign trade zone, according to Ceva include:
- Duty deferral – duties paid only upon transfer of goods from the FTZ into the U.S.
- Duty elimination on exports
- Duty reduction if scrap/waste while within the FTZ
- Harbor Maintenance Fee deferred for Ocean arrivals, due quarterly rather than on arrival
- Merchandise processing fee savings, paying a maximum of $485 weekly, rather than $485 for each shipment.