Drivers

Commentary: The Dark Side of Electronic Logging Devices

May 2016, TruckingInfo.com - Editorial

by Rolf Lockwood

Rolf Lockwood
Rolf Lockwood

Electronic logging devices put me in a quandary. I don’t see the need, frankly, though I can see benefits for larger fleets in making the back office more efficient and in controlling drivers.

Proponents claim fuel savings, but there are better ways to reduce idling, speeding, and out-of-route miles.

Safety gains? Maybe, but I maintain that hours-of-service rules probably cause accidents on their own because drivers are forced out of natural rhythms and sleep patterns. One size does not fit all.

And don’t get me going about parking issues. I’d guess that many HOS violations are the direct result of drivers being unable to find a safe place to park for their mandated downtime. They drive and drive, maybe going over hours in the search. ELDs will simply make it worse.

Yes, for drivers and owner-operators there will be a gain on the paperwork side with no logbooks to manage, but one cost will be a total absence of HOS flexibility. I don’t mean that it’s OK to fudge the books in big ways. But when a driver runs out of hours 28 miles from home, I want him to “cheat.”

Let’s be realistic – which is exactly what HOS rules aren’t. And that means ELDs aren’t realistic either.

With his ELD automatically recording driving time down to the minute, it will be hard, even impossible, for a driver to run those last 28 miles.

And what about drivers who are “urged” by dispatch to stretch things? Don’t try to tell me this happens rarely. It happens even at reputable carriers with over-zealous dispatchers who, with the customer top of mind, push drivers too far. With ELDs I fear that dispatchers will force drivers to use every available legal minute even when they know it’s too much.

As always, the law is one thing, company policy is another, but the relationship between driver and dispatcher is where reality happens.

I recently corresponded with a veteran driver now well up the management ladder at a major fleet, who said we must give ELDs the chance to force change in the industry. He agreed that HOS rules are ridiculous but said they’re something we just have to live with.

I’m not so sure.

I say that because the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration is now being urged to make improvements in data and research methods “to support a more comprehensive understanding of the relationships between operator fatigue and highway safety and between fatigue and long-term health.”

That comes from a new report prepared for the FMCSA by a committee of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. HDT Executive Editor David Cullen wrote about this in “Washington Watch” in March. It argues that we don’t have enough information on sleep deficiency in commercial drivers. “Therefore,” the report says, “research on the linkage among hours of service, fatigue, and accident frequency is hampered by imperfect knowledge of the three most central variables.”

The National Academies contends that any newly proposed changes to HOS rules and those for the medical certification of commercial drivers “need to be based on research-supported understanding of the costs and benefits of such changes.”

In other words, as I’ve been saying for ages, the “science” – which is a generous descriptor – behind the existing HOS mandate just plain isn’t good enough. We need a better system based on better science.

Comments

1. 1. Alamo [ May 18, 2016 @ 03:16AM ]

Amen to that, well said.

2. 2. NC_Fusion [ May 18, 2016 @ 04:23AM ]

Wow. Really?

3. 3. Greg C. [ May 18, 2016 @ 05:00AM ]

Excellent article. I have been saying this all along. The HOS rules are forcing drivers to drive tired and at the busiest times of the day. There are more trucks on the highway during rush hour because the driver has to get to his destination by a certain time because his clock started at a certain time. So instead of pulling over for a shower, dinner and maybe a nap, he has to keep on trucking during rush hour traffic. Keep up the good work Rolf ! Common sense thinking and writing.
    I look forward to reading your articles. You are right on, on every subject you write about.

4. 4. Ron Conley [ May 18, 2016 @ 06:04AM ]

I will give you a prime example of the foolishness of electronic logs. I currently run paper logs and was on my way the other night to a truck stop at the end of my shift. I was going to get there 15 minutes before my 14-hour clock ended. On the way there I encountered Construction and a traffic accident. My 14-hour clock ended 7 Minutes short being able to reach the truck stop and park safely. Being on paper logs you have that 15 minute buffer but if I was on electronic logs I would have been in violation for driving that 7 minutes to the truck stop when there was nowhere else within 45 minutes to Park safely and legally. Where is the sense and safety factor in that. Absolutely zero flexibility for whatever may arise on the road. Pure foolishness. Can somebody please tell me how this is remotely better for the industry?

5. 5. James Stephens [ May 18, 2016 @ 06:25AM ]

I agree that the current HOS regulations are a not based in reality, but the way to get a set of "real world" HOS regulations is not to going to happen as long as everyone is able to cover up non-compliance with the paper log / honor system that we have now. If there are large numbers of drivers swearing every day in writing that they are driving in full compliance, how can a case be made that the current regulations are unworkable? I'm fairly certain that the only way to get a fair, realistic set of HOS regulations is to make the current regulations faults painfully obvious by forcing an end to the continuous whitewashing of non-compliance.

6. 6. Bill Koerner [ May 18, 2016 @ 07:35AM ]

You really missed the mark on this one. It is a lot easier to fraud a paper log and NOT GET CAUGHT than an ELD. But the point you missed is that cheating is an absolutely unacceptable risk for a carrier. Check the damage awards-- 15 minutes of cheating has cost more than one carrier several million dollars. You always take the side of the driver. That is position is absolutely untenable and total nonsense!!!. The driver WORKS for the carrier, takes the job knowing what the job involves. Requiring him to operate within those parameters is not unreasonable it should be the expectation. He/she should be penalized for failure to do so. The carrier faces substantial a penalty if an accident occurs. People who promote the attitude you have are what got this industry the unreasonable regulations we now have.

7. 7. Ton [ May 18, 2016 @ 08:46AM ]

This week on a road for the first time from a to b , some were in the middle 150 km no parking , i was thinking driving here with a elog , and running out off hours , you screwed and not you fault

8. 8. Big Yellower [ May 18, 2016 @ 11:17AM ]

The Irronic thing is if all carriers have ELD's . Since the program's the carriers buy have backdoors you can erase all hrs violations and change gps setting to
    Accomdate their needs. Myself I've used ELD for several yes hadn't any problems. Myself I think only the mega carriers, and or carriers with real bad CSA scores or a lot of accidents should have to have data recorders. What business is the DOT knowing on how your rig runs . They aren't certified mechanics .

9. 9. Richard [ May 18, 2016 @ 03:29PM ]

The best science is 2 logbooks, sometimes 3 if it is necessary for a good driver to do thew only thing he should be on the road for...
    Make lots of money, take his down time where he wants and get the freight their in good shape and on time.
    PERIOD, if you are driving for any other reason get out!

10. 10. Robert [ May 18, 2016 @ 05:00PM ]

All valid issues. I don't beleive that the eld will force changes to the industry though. That concept has been a directive of the FMCSA since they started this relentless tinkering with the regulations. This is an idea that failed from the outset and the eld won't change that. Blanket regulations based on theoretical potential that do not outweigh the realistic problems they produce will not serve the greater good. The FMCSA has readily admitted that the mandate will increase risk, so even more regulation is necessary to offset the problems the mandate both influences and creates. This is not sound policy.

11. 11. Chris [ May 18, 2016 @ 05:34PM ]

Im going to speak from a company driver viewpoint.
    I ran elogs for last 3 years of my career. It was the easiest 3 years thay I ever ran OTR. Not once did a disatcher try to force me to run "Because I had more time available." It made keeping track of my hours and being able to plan loads for me extremely more efficient. The cons were that I could no longer drive 11 hours. I planned my stops at 10 hours, giving me that hour cushion to find a place if I was having trouble. The elogs also gave verification that I was at the customer when I said I was and for how long. I had several cases where problem customers lied and said I was late or that I wasnt held up. The elogs, with gps locations, were faxed and the customer suddenly remembered I was on time or that indeed they had kept me on hold for a while.
    Its alot easier for DOT to check and its harder to make a mistake (you still can though) since alot of the information is filled in for you.
    I feel they benefit company drivers.

For Owner operators?

Not a chance in hell! The big carriers that ive worked in my time would love to see every 0/0 with a "will work for food " sign, begging on a on ramp. Schneider is one of the worst. They are very outspoken about how " Elogs will level the playing field and make it fair"
    How the hell is it fair when a mega-carrier with 10,000 trucks is competing with a guy that has one?

12. 12. Harvey Gilmore [ May 19, 2016 @ 01:24AM ]

You hit the nail square on the head. My company uses cadec with powervue program it is a JOKE. Somedays I come in to find that it didn't log me off duty when I know that I logged off duty,then it shows you in a different City at times maybe 50 miles from where you really are.

13. 13. mike [ May 19, 2016 @ 03:13AM ]

There's a lot of maybe/ could be's in this article. Elogs are for driver managers and, the cops. Drivers are generally paid by the mile. Therefore if they are going to limit their driving time they need to pay by the hour. This industry became union because it wasn't part of the fair labor standard act. Its real simple competition exceeds demand in this industry people are giving up their life for a paycheck and, that's ok if that's what you want to do. Elogs is like punching a time clock. You need to be paid hourly.

14. 14. Matt [ May 19, 2016 @ 03:37AM ]

To Mr. Koerner, you present the other side of the sword perfectly. I wish you could have been at the orientation I went to at my first OTR job - when they said, "Just because you have hours available doesn't mean it's safe for you to drive. Ultimately it's the driver's decision to roll - if you have problems (with a fleet mgr), give us (safety) a call." It's completely unrealistic for companies to expect to get every last minute of HOS time out of the whole fleet every day. Some drivers will work smarter/harder, some won't. I told people when that driver took out the comedian in NJ that I was glad I didn't feel that kind of pressure from my company - 'cause THAT'S what caused that accident; both the co. and the driver not standing up to it.. Utilization goals have to be realistic. I suggest drivers get 2 or 3 days out of the 8 to push, but then give up time on the other 4 or 5.

15. 15. Michael Driver [ May 19, 2016 @ 08:29AM ]

The HOS 11/14 hr Rule, combined with speed limiters and ELD's have turned a large number of drivers into zombies. I see this on a daily basis. Drivers are pushed to maximize their available drive time, even after being held up for hours on end at a shipper or receiver. THEN they have to find one of the RARE parking spots left after about 4 p.m. anywhere... If, and WHEN ELD's become mandatory on all trucks, the carnage will be epic.

16. 16. Larry Barr [ May 21, 2016 @ 07:50AM ]

I'm curious what can be learned from the airline industry. They have a similar need to provide safe employees. But I don't hear the same struggles to come up with reasonable regulation.

17. 17. John Bowlby [ May 23, 2016 @ 07:55AM ]

Lots of valid points. We have been running with electronic logs since 2008. In my 5 years with the company, we only lost one driver due to electronic logs. As usual, FMSCA got it backwards. Electronic logs should have been put into place years ago before the current hours of service rules. With electronic logs FMCSA would have accurate data to make whatever changes needed to be made to the hours of service rules. Instead they put the HOS rules in place based on bad data.
    A 14 hour day is plenty long enough for anyone to work in a day., but it comes down to the greed of some of the trucking companies and drivers that have required electronic logs to be put in place. We as an industry know its not an issue of 10 or 15 minutes here or there, it's a question of hours every day that some drivers on paper logs are cheating creating an unsafe condition on the roads putting everyone else at risk. I don't agree with all of the current hours of service rules in place today. The electronic logs should have be in place first, then there would be no question to the data collected to make changes to the HOS rules.

18. 18. Lee Lenard [ June 01, 2016 @ 02:49PM ]

Can we get Lockwood appointed Chairman FMCSA? Evidently he went to college and did his own work and took the test himself.......

19. 19. Randy J. Kopecky, CDS [ July 08, 2016 @ 06:14AM ]

The rules (HOS regulations) are the rules and everyone should have to follow them the same and not have an advantage because you do not have independent verification that you are within the rules. All an electronic log does is take your start and end time and force you to be more honest. It does measure driving but I am here to say most do not need more that 11 hours driving within 14 hours. If you run into an occasional situation that you are trying to end your day and cannot find parking within 14 and have to go a little over I really do not think the world ends. Enforcement is going to be looking for habitual violators and those who are good trip planners never have an issue with running within theirs logs. Right now and before paper logs allow to much flexibility to do very unwise things behind the wheel of a 80,000 pound machine that can do massive damage to public safety. I really do not think that is as an industry we want to be. The sooner the better everyone is on electronic logs and its the right thing to do. You do not like the hours or service rules that is a different fight and with the data from electronic logs maybe you have something to back up what you are saying here. Right now you do not.

20. 20. Rick Blatter [ August 14, 2016 @ 10:59AM ]

Wow! What an excellent article! I'm amazed.

"The rule aims to reduce fatigue-related crashes by drivers who may have doctored their paper logs to hide the real hours they have driven beyond what regulations allow."

Although drivers may "cheat" in the short term with paper logs, it allows them the FLEXIBILITY to get back on their CIRCADIAN RHYTHM. No one can indefinitely cheat... as any parent of a newborn knows. Sleep deprivation catches up, then you need to pay back the SLEEP DEPT.

SLEEP DEPRIVATION is also a well known and widely used TORTURE TECHNIQUE. Drivers do not inflict TORTURE on themselves very long.

RECENT RESEARCH SHOWS that electronic logs that dictate sleep against a driver's CIRCADIAN RHYTHM don't work. They are dangerous. ELDs cause MORE ACCIDENTS than paper logs!

Electronic Logs, according to RESEARCH BOTH IN the USA & EUROPE, CAUSE MORE ACCIDENTS than paper logs. Undoubtedly because absurd rules that DESTROY a DRIVER'S CIRCADIAN RHYTHM due to their inflexibility and total disregard for human life are strictly enforced to the minute. A machine cannot dictate sleep nor rest, nor wakefulness, no matter what we try to legislate, or say. Only YOUR BODY can tell you this.

The purpose of ELDs was to "REDUCE ACCIDENTS", but the exact opposite is what is happening. Do we have a problem?

"Last year the German insurance company Kravag reported an investigation that found trucks with digital tachograph were involved in more accidents than those with manual analog recorders."

Electronic logbooks in Europe: Endless row of misfortunes, or a paper pusher's dream? - TruckingInfo.com

Carriers with ELDs crash MORE

Andrew King of the OOIDA Foundation says "FMCSA’s own data demonstrates that carriers with ELDs crash MORE than those carriers without such devices."

He goes on to say "FMCSA’s final rule was founded on nothing more than assumptions and what the OOIDA Foundation refers to as 'we believe science.' ”

Considering that the FMCSA purports "the final rule stands to prevent an estimated...." (some fictitious number) "loss of lives and..." (some other fictitious number) "crashes annually while significantly strengthening compliance..." it would be interesting to take them to task for this.

Based on ACTUAL STATISTICS from companies that have "voluntarily" implemented ELDs, is there ANY STATISTICAL DIFFERENCE in number of crashes and/ or deaths before and after? Has anyone found an improvement?

Before implementing anything this costly industry wide there better be SCIENTIFIC PROOF behind such "mandates" and the many kinks in the system must be resolved beforehand.

Normally in science there are TRIALS to make sure that the HYPOTHESIS is actually backed up by scientific evidence.

Normally in science the hypothesis is checked out through SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH (TRIALS) BEFOREHAND to make sure that our hypothesis actually works and we do more good than harm. When it turns out that the hypothesis is wrong, it does more harm than good, or it is economically unviable, we go back to the drawing board before mass implementation.

That's "science".

"Experts" have admitted the new US HOS rules are "ABSURD". So how did the FMCSA get away with changing something that worked and was tolerable to something that is "ABSURD" and violates every principle of healthy sleep known to man: maintaining a regular circadian rhythm (regularity, consistency, and not changing start times & sleeping patterns every day, which is what the "new rules" do)?

And how can they justify forcing everyone to use ELDs if they have the exact opposite effect of what was hypothesized? I would "hypothesize" the major "problem" is the ill conceived "new rules".

ELDs force drivers to follow ABSURD rules to the minute or risk fines with no tolerance for traffic/ unforeseen delays/ complications. These NEW rules not only do not take into consideration a driver's CIRCADIAN RHYTHM, they totally destroy it.

Rather than the driver deciding/ feeling when he is sleepy, an unforgiving electronic device tells him when he must sleep. Dogs, Cats, Babies, Grand Parents, your parents, probably the "rule makers" and/ or their parents... all take naps. Whole cultures have taken afternoon naps for hundreds of years! (Mexicans, the Spanish...) Popular US "EXPERTS" have even written BEST SELLING books about the value of a "POWER NAP" for everyone, including top executives, to INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY. But somehow the FMCSA disagrees, or is oblivious to this!?

Further, with no partial sleeper possibility, drivers are FORCED to drive non-stop (except for the obligatory 30 minutes pre 8 hr "rest") for fear of running out of hours at the end of the day, whether sleepy or not.

Then with 10 HOURS OBLIGATORY CONSECUTIVE TIME OFF, TOO MUCH TIME AT THE END OF THE DAY, drivers tend to eat humongous quantities of food at the end of the day just before going to bed !!! ???

This goes against everything we know about HEALTHY sleep, driver health, and healthy eating habits.

Since CANADA still uses the "old" humane rules of split sleeper berth, and requires only 8 consecutive hours off at night allowing drivers to have a BIG 2 HOUR LUNCH without fear of running out of hours at the end of the day, would it be possible to compare Canadian Crash Rates for big rigs with US Crash Rates using the new US rules? Are big rig crash rates higher in Canada using the "old US rules"? I am sure they are lower.

As a matter of fact, I believe if US Crash Rates were compared before and after the "new rule" change, the "old rules" would be found much safer.

The FMCSA claims the "accident/death rates are now lower" due to their "new rules" in the USA. However, in Canada the accident/ death rates are down too, using the "old rules". So this "improvement" has nothing to do with their "new rules". There are clearly other factors at play. Probably pressure from INSURANCE COMPANIES threatening careless carriers with exorbitant insurance rates, or threatening to cease insuring them at all if claims don't decrease.

I pray that science and common sense one day triumphs over propaganda and manipulation.

The whole premise behind ELDs is "SAFETY". Either they (ELDs) don't work, or the "new rules" they force drivers to abide by don't work.

MORE RESEARCH is required to find the problem(s) and develop a real solution. This is why in "science" there are TRIALS.

The most cost effective SOLUTION would be to give load brokers, shippers & receivers the same monetary fine(s) and CSA points as the driver/ carrier every time a driver pulling their load gets an HOS, over weight or over size fine. Making all trucking transportation partners ACCOUNTABLE for their actions/ coercion would put an end to this behaviour. The above would also leave a ticket trail to the guilty parties thereby exposing them and putting an end to their era of total impunity. This would also generate 3 (three) times more revenue for the government without adding BILLIONS of dollars of added equipment (ELDs) to trucks. Unnecessary equipment that is unproven, or actually PROVEN MORE DANGEROUS because in both the USA & EUROPE ELD equipped trucks CRASH MORE !!! ???

Rick Blatter, B.Ed., M.Sc. holds a Master of Science degree in Exercise Physiology, and specializes in Employee Wellness & Fitness Programs. His thesis involved researching optimal sleep for HEALTH & LONGEVITY. He is Director of Safety, Loss Prevention & Wellness for a trucking company in Montreal, QC. He has been involved in trucking for 22 years, holds a CDL and has personally driven over two (2) million accident free miles all over Canada & the USA. Rick Blatter is a proud member of OOIDA.

Rick Blatter, B.Ed., M.Sc.

21. 21. Natalie [ August 23, 2016 @ 10:29AM ]

Check out this link: goo.gl/ZpBFbj. One instance (and not the only one by far) where a driver and others paid the price when the HOS rules were not followed. The driver who was 16 minutes over his HOS, killed a state trooper and is now in state prison for 3.5 years. Whether you agree with HOS rules or not, here is what can happen when your "28 miles from home" and author Rolf Lockwood or anyone else wants you to “cheat.” HOS rules are in place for a reason and no one should circumvent the law by falsifying log entries for any reason! Period. ELDs are being mandated for a number of reasons. This example is merely one of those reasons.

22. 22. C. H. Robinson [ September 08, 2016 @ 10:42AM ]

Why isn't this sent by registered mail to every legislator & fmcsa member? No more research is needed on fatigue and circadian rhythms. A simple smartphone is all the elog device needed. Connecting elogs to engines opens them to hacking. Happened already a couple weeks ago. Think Jeep & Chrysler recalls. Add that dispatchers get paid on delivery-not salary. Elogs can be changed by company, yah already happening too. Thx

23. 23. C. H. Robinson [ September 08, 2016 @ 11:55AM ]

Rick is spot on. If the shippers, dispatchers and receivers were accountable, if miles were actual rather than that obsolete Householders (think Google), if trips were planned at an average of 50 mph, suddenly the driver would be able to have a good living, eat right, use his noggin to work thru any problems, get home time too. Let's locate the scallywags that are profiteering and ban them from this issue, seat all stakeholders at the table including as many drivers as other folks , so our voices offset theirs and we see we can work together if it is all out in the open... Follow The Money

24. 24. Jim [ September 15, 2016 @ 12:12PM ]

So sad you chose to do this as a profession and now its turned into a joke, been doing it for 42 years and it's time to hang it up if this ELD bullshit goes into effect. I think I'll go out and buy me a 40 foot motor home and tow my boat and car behind it and drive whenever and wherever I want cross country for unlimited hours until i get tired without idiots making me log my trip and tell me when I'm tired and no more sitting at produce sheds and meat packers that make you wait hours on hours to load and unload, what a screwed up mess and so sad out there the guys that take pride in what they do which there still are good people out there who care and enjoy what they do and thank you Rolf for speaking the truth and understanding what goes on

25. 25. ANDRE HAMILTON [ October 08, 2016 @ 07:13AM ]

Thank you MR.ROLF,I have been posed rhe same argument to everyone,that ELD's are not really about safety,but truly about control,and ultimately affects our ability to provide a good living for our families.I know for a fact,because I'm out here everyday,that there are more accidents with ELD's because it actually causes a driver to drive when they're tired,because an electronic device tells them they have to drive.I'm totally discouraged with the trucking industry,and I truly love what I do for a living,but I feel that there is no positive future for me, we have nobody to speak or stand for us,at least no one thst doesn't speak from both sides of their mouth!

26. 26. Gabriel Sawyer [ October 15, 2016 @ 03:00AM ]

ELD's equal nothing but salary reducers for drivers. You can't risk the penalty of getting that extra load. Some will say plan your day better. Can you plan traffic, weather and breakdowns that eat into your 14 hours? All this is, is to knock off the small trucking companies. And why didn't agriculture carriers get an exemption? You know what happens if string beans sit under a trailer canvas too long? Enjoy your canned fungus! No wonder trucking companies can't find drivers anymore. Average salary $44,700...lol this industry is a joke.

27. 27. Andrew Lavorato [ May 08, 2017 @ 10:59AM ]

E-logs create danger,not SAFETY. Period.

28. 28. Garry Sahota [ May 12, 2017 @ 07:54PM ]

Dont be discouraged fellas, i have been working on hacking this piece of shit. I am professional driver with Masters In engineering degree. I am working on making these elds as good as paper logs. Will release soon. No body can decide when i want to sleep.

29. 29. Daniel [ June 16, 2017 @ 08:40AM ]

Hey Garry sabotage Iv also been working on getting around this Eld keep me informed in u get it figured out . Cause one way or another I will get around this ELD thanx

30. 30. Alberto [ August 29, 2017 @ 11:23AM ]

This is to get rid of small companies so big companies will take over and all company drivers will have shitty pay. The same way big bank take little bank

31. 31. wayne markle [ October 12, 2017 @ 08:48AM ]

I 70 in ohio I drive between zanesville and oh wv border a lot. yesterday a large carrier truck drove into a hill at the 200 mm its an uphill stretch. makes you wonder. unfortunately i have seen numerous trucks wrecked for no apparent reason aloong I 70 west bound. pretty much all in the afternoon. Just speculation, are e-log drivers falling asleep at the wheel. 10 hrs of break is to much. eat shower, jump in truck and play x-box for 5 hrs and you have fatigued drivers heading into the sun

32. 32. Steve Tubbs [ November 27, 2017 @ 03:41AM ]

I'll put it like it is. Fuck the ELD mandate. They are trying to take out the small companies. Do not be surprised when we start loading our shotguns and fighting back. When you start costing good men their paycheck, they will fight. And by God I'll be. Damned if some ticket writer is going to get mine! I

33. 33. James trent [ November 29, 2017 @ 01:23PM ]

I agree with Steve Tubbs 100%.

34. 34. Dustin [ November 30, 2017 @ 07:47AM ]

Finally someone outside the industry gets it. I have no idea why they are imposing this. Its a proven fact something like 78% of truck accidents are caused by four wheelers. Why not make them run a log that shows how fast, how long, how stupidly they drive? Make them get physicals, pretrip their vehicles, get random roadside inspections that could render them out of service?

A car can kill someone just as well as a semi.

35. 35. john [ December 06, 2017 @ 07:39AM ]

Three recks on 64 in il between ex one to the last one at ex 85 witch was e log that I had to drag him out of truck !! If any thing it needs to be Mandatory should be emt lol !! Two the next morning on 64 in ky !! So we that aren't e logs got to watch for r life everyday going down the road!! Also every body be parking on shoulders of road because of e log with e log drivers that have been pushed can't stay between lines !!! How safe is it!! If u think about it if u r homeless and sleeping on street the authorities can't harass you if they have no place for u to go!! Right !! So e log trucks or any truck forced to stop should be able to stop any where time out!