The Garmin fleet 790 commercial navigation device can now serve as a live-streaming video telematics solution for fleets with the addition of FleetCam, now part of the advanced mobile workforce automation app Field Warrior and available to use on the android-powered tablet.
When paired with the Field Warrior app (and new FleetCam feature), the Garmin fleet 790's built-in camera works as a dash cam, allowing users to:
- Stream live video and download historic video without having to physically access the vehicle
- View and download automatically recorded driving event clips on a user-friendly web portal for managers
- Track unsafe driving events along the vehicle's route with the snapshot breadcrumb trail
- Review clips, set coaching priorities, and leave notes using the integrated driver coaching system.
The Field Warrior app is an all-encompassing fleet management system. When paired with Garmin fleet tablets, it offers an array of helpful tools including:
- A FMCSA-registered ELD solution (requires an additional Bluetooth dongle)
- Real-time GPS tracking that captures vehicle location and activity information
- Turn-by-turn navigation that factors in each vehicle's size, weight, and cargo when providing directions
- Driver scorecards that track events like speeding, excessive idling, and harsh braking
- Fully customizable digital forms for proof-of-delivery, driver inspections, and more
- Two-way messaging with dispatch and field workers.
"Gone are the days of needing multiple devices to manage your fleet operation," said Chad Sallman, Garmin senior business development manager for commercial solutions. "Now, all you need for your crew is the Garmin fleet 790 and Field Warrior with FleetCam. Garmin's android-powered tablet does it all at a fraction of the price it would cost you to buy all of these amenities separately."
Originally posted on Work Truck Online